Dr. Archana Tapuria
MBBS, DCH, M.Tech. Medical Eng. (IIT Mumbai)
Dr. Archana Tapuria, MBBS, DCH, M.Tech. Medical Eng. (IIT Mumbai), British Indian, is a Clinical Research Associate in Health Informatics and a Consultant in Healthcare IT, with King’s College London (KCL).
Archana’s research area includes clinical knowledge modelling for clinical systems, EHR standards, clinical archetypes, clinical terminology apps, and computable phenotyping. She has made valuable contribution through her publications in the field of Health Informatics. She has been the course tutor on the M.Sc. Health Informatics at University College London. Archana has contributed to international best practice in clinical modelling for EHRs through the EuroRec Institute and openEHR Foundation. She has been part of the ‘EHR Technical Advisory Group’ for the NHS CFH (Connecting for Health) clinical content.
Dr. Shirshendu Mukherjee
Mission Director of the Program Management Unit at BIRAC
Dr. Shirshendu Mukherjee, trained as a Medical Microbiologist who has global and national exposure and deep knowledge in pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals and med tech industry with more than two decades of high level work experience in top organisations, helps to bring to fore cumulative perspectives on issues related to healthcare (especially public health issues and unmet medical needs), food and nutritional challenges in India as well as across the globe.
Dr Mukherjee is currently the Mission Director of the Program Management Unit at BIRAC, formed by the partnership between the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Department of Biotechnology, which manages the Grand Challenges Program of the Foundation and also the Affordable Healthcare in India program of the Wellcome Trust, which support initiatives that could dramatically change the health and development landscape in India.
Dr. Mukherjee holds Ph.D. in Microbiology, Law graduate, Advance Course in Strategy Management form IIM Kolkata and management and leadership course form Said Business school university of Oxford.
Dr. Soma Guhathakurta
Adjunct Professor - IIT Madras
- Director - Bio-Engineering-Synkromax Biotech Pvt. Ltd. (2014 - till date)
Other Latest Positions / Designations (from 2003 - 2014)
- Advisor - Basic and Clinical Research – Madras Medical Mission, Chennai
- Visiting Prof - IIT Madras - Dept. of Engineering Design
- Joint managing Director and Research Co-ordinator & Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon – Frontier Life Line Pvt. Ltd.
- Received Indian National Academy of Engineering Best Thesis Award for the Doctoral thesis.
- The product has been approved by CDSCO and state drug authority for commercialization in Indian market.
- Received the best indigenous technology award from The president of India in 2017, 11 th May on Technology day.